Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WARNING....LONG ONE!!!! :)

So clearly the whole...let's back track and explain the holiday's thing didn't really work for me. I really need to come up with something that will keep me going with this for more than one post every other month! haha! Needless to say, it's definately a work in progress with me! I think that I am going to skip the rest of the holiday's and just talk about current events in the Life of a Farnsworth.

I have come to realize that sometimes small coinsidences are anything but that and that bad things are often a blessing in disguise. You see, it started out as a normal day. I wake up, go to work...deal with cranky people all day and tell them to have a great afternoon... nothing out of the ordinary. So, I get off work and call David and he tells me that he is at my mom's house. Again, I think nothing of it because David keeps all of his tools on my mom's back porch. When I get to my mom's David tells me that he needed to tell me something, so I sit down and he tells me the always exciting news that he got LAID OFF! ...the company that he worked for wasn't very busy and he was making more that a lot of the guys in the shop so they had to let him go because the couldn't afford him anymore. TALK ABOUT A SAD DAY EH?

I was so stressed out to say the least and David and I had a really good talk about how he needed to get out the next day and really start looking for a new job because with the economy the way it is, who knew how long it would be before he could get a job. The next day, I go to work (stressing out like crazy because all I can think about is how my measly little paycheck has to pay all of our bills! YIKES!) I called David on my lunch to see how everything was going, obviously hoping for some good news but sadly, nothing. I went on with work trying not to focus on it, but let's face it, I am a worryer by nature...it's what I do. Next thing, I know, one of the girls at work tells me that David was there, so I nervously went out in the lobby and I could see the excited look in his eyes and I could help but smile because I knew he had good news! The first words out of his mouth were "I GOT A JOB!!!" (music to my ears!)
(here's where the coinsidence comes into play)
You see, probably a month or so prior to all of this, David and I had gone out to Ocean Blue for frozen yogurt with our friends Ashlyn and Michael. As we were sitting there David looks over to some random guy walking in and says "hey, I know you" ...come to find out, it was a guy that knew David's family and hung out with all of David's sisters when they lived in Snowflake. (small world right!) So as they were talking, the guy proceeds to ask us if the yogurt was any good. We all went on talking about how good it was and giving him tips of what flavors to mix and what toppings are a good choice, assuming he had never been there. As soon as we all finish trying to sound smart about our choices, David asks him if he had ever been here and he says yeah..."I Own IT" and he whips out his business card. Sure enough it's a Ocean Blue business card that says FOUNDER! Cue the embarassment of us trying to sound like connoiseurs of the place and he freakin invented it! haha! Anyhoo...David and him went on talking about everything and he was telling David about how he not only owns Ocean Blue but he also has an auto glass company and if we ever needed a windshield replacement to let him know. After talking with him for a while, we said our goodbyes and that was that.
SO...when David didn't have a job, he was looking in his wallet, saw the guy's card, gave him a call and he said that he had a job for him with his auto glass company!!!!!

I am so grateful to Eric (the owner) for being so willing to hire David knowing that he doesn't have any experience with auto glass and I am also so thankful for my hubby who was so determined to find a job and has been trying so hard to learn at his new job! I love my hubby!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Kimber, I am happy that things are working out for you and David, with him being able to find another job. by the way you are an excellent writer. you are such a cutie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horay!!!!
    It is good to know people in high places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kimber thats such an awesome story! its so true when we are living right the lord blesses us! I know things happen for a reason thats so cool how everything fell into place. the lord works in mysterious ways! im so happy for you guys and that everything is working out! love ya girl

    ReplyDelete