Monday, August 3, 2009

We are still alive!!!

So...five months later we are alive and kicking. I have decided that I am not going to try to backtrack and tell you about everything that has happened during the last five months and I am just going to start from today!

Well...actually I guess in order to start from today, there is a tidbit of information that I better share...that being that we are going to have a baby!!! YAY! We found out a couple of days after we got home from a vaction to Las Vegas back at the beginning of June! We are both so excited and can't wait for our new little one! :) I am only 12 weeks so we still have six months to go, but I know that time is just going to fly by with the holiday's being right around the corner.

Now, I can properly talk about today...which has been a pretty dang exciting day if you ask me. Today was my first doctors appointment and let me tell you, I was a little nervous becuse I don't handle anything medical very well (especially needles!). When we first walked back into our room, the nurse asked me the dreaded question..."how are you with needles?" David looks at me and we both just laugh. I told her that I usually almost pass out when I get blood drawn. She immediately told me not to worry because apparently I'm not a total freak and a lot of people are big chickens just like me! She warned the girl drawing my blood so she had David stand right next to me in case he had to catch me! haha! I won't get into the needle details because, let's face it...it's kind of embarassing what a pansy I really am! When my doctor came in, we got to hear our sweet little baby's heartbeat for the first time! My doctor said that the heartbeat sounded really strong and that everything was moving along great! She also told me since I am in my second trimester I now have a 95% chance of carrying my baby full term!!! (Music to my ears considering my episode last year!!!) Overall, the appointment went great and I get to go back in a month to make sure everything is still good!

Right now, life is going really good for David and I. We are looking for a job for David right now because he got laid off five weeks ago, but other than that, we couldn't be better! I am going to do my best to keep you all updated on everything!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!! I AM SPEACHLESS!!!!!!!!!!

    I didn't believe you when you said that you were going to update your blog. I hadn't even chedked it in a really long time, the only reason I knew that you had posted a new one is because I was looking at Leslie's blog, and all of a sudden your link wasn't at the bottom anymore!!!!! I blinked a few times to make sure that I wasn't seing things that weren't there then I clicked on it, and I AM AMAZED!!!!! KEEP IT UP cause I am going to announce on my blog that you have updated yours so that people will start chedking it!!!!!

    Love ya sister!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kimber!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby. And your not alone in the whole sporatic blogging thing. I think I'm the president of the "I need to update" club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA!!! a blog post?!?!?! If I didn't see you nearly every day, I'd wonder if you were still even alive!!! :p just kidding ;)

    SO I'm so excited to have a new neice or nephew on the way :D can't wait to find out which!!

    ReplyDelete