My birthday was about a week ago and I had some vacation time to burn at work, so I decided to take the weekend off for it! It was such a great weekend! Every year, I ask my mom to make me a really fun cake, and of course she always exceeds my expectations! I've had a caterpillar, a flower, and a turtle so this year I had to continue the tradition and come up with something creative. My mom and I looked on the internet for some good ideas and we found a bunch of really cute cakes (and some....well, some that people should have kept to themselves and not posted on the internet for the world to see!) haha! We had it narrowed down to a few, but we decided to go with an Igloo cake with penguin cupcakes! I was so excited! My long weekend started on Friday, the 3rd (which just so happens to be the day of my birth! hahaha!) David had to go into work for a few hours, so my mom and I went to the store to get the stuff for the cake. When we got home, it was time to start the cake. We had a lot of fun with the cupcakes, and my mom was pretty dang creative with the igloo! The cake turned out to be freaking amazing!!!
That night, we had a bunch of people come over. My mom, Kyler, Courtney and her family, Clint, Alicia, and a friend Natalie, my dad, and Diana. I opened my presents, all of which, I absolutely LOVED! David's Dad, Dave and his wife, Debbie came over a little bit later and joined in the cake eating! A couple of my friends, Briana and Jordan also came over and it was a lot of fun!The next day was the big ASU vs. Georgia State game, and of course the fam was getting together to watch! It was a lot of fun to spend the afternoon with everyone, even if ASU played terrible!!!It was so good to have a break from work and to get to spend the weekend with my family!
Work is getting kind of crazy for a couple of reasons! First of all, our move to our new branch is coming up faster than we thought, and we have to box everything up which fills up our already tiny back room we like to call "the Closet". It's amazing how many people you can fit in a room the size of a small hallway! Secondly, in case you didn't know, working at a bank when the economy sucks does not put you on everyone's list of "favorite people!" Everyone is very cranky when they go to the bank, and when people don't have money, it's definitely not due to the fact that they have spent it...oh, no, that's not the case...NATURALLY it's my fault for being the teller giving this information! haha! It just amazes me as to how funny some people can be! I really do love my job!!!
It's finally getting cooler in the heat hole that I like to call Arizona! Last night, David and I went to the movies and I was really excited that I actually got to wear a Jacket! I LOVE jacket weather and I am so glad that it's finally here! It's when we have this cool breezy weather that I remember why I LOVE Arizona! Great weather, no snow!
(I was hoping to put some pictures up from my birthday, but I can't find my cord to connect the camera to the computer, so when I find it, I will put those on!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY!!!! ANOTHER POST!!!!! And yes, your birthday cake was AMAZING!!! And very YUMMY TOO!!!
ReplyDelete